ROBOTICK (jercar@aristotle.net)
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 16:42:07 -0500

Yet another interpretation. Thanks to Al. I suppose the term "mutts" can
describe Americans in many more ways; architecturally, for example....
<ahem> NOW THEN, back to Gundam.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Alfred Urrutia" <ledzep@d2.com>
To: <gundam@aeug.org>
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2000 2:20 PM
Subject: Re: [gundam] (p2)Consider this scenario

ROBOTICK wrote:

> We're mutts. I heard something like that on "The Wonder Years" and it
made
> enough sense to remember it, because it applies to you as an American
> whether you like it or not, unless you are an immigrant, child of
immigrants
> of the same nationality, or a Native American, of course. It kind of
makes
> you wonder; in what generation does a mutt become his own breed? Though

Well, that's the secret to being American - no true ancient culture to hold
us
down. Are we really outwardly conservative, like the some of the English
and
most of Asia? Some of us, maybe. Are we psychos like soccer hooligans or
rugby players? Some of us, maybe. Are we freeform and laidback like a lot
of
Amsterdam or Greece? Some of us, maybe. We don't have any rigid story to
hold
up. Cultural mutts, for sure. I like it that way. None of that "Oh, we
don't
do that sort of thing is this country," for the most part.

Alfred.