The iMatt (mhanyo1@umbc.edu)
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 17:36:20 -0400

Well, referring to Gundam, the original series had some pretty basic stuff.
The first combat mobile suit was, I believe, a Zaku I, but I'm not sure of
anything before that. Did minovsky have a working prototype, or did he just
have the engine?

Matt "not quite but almost Zen in a can" Hanyok
http://deruberhanyok.freeservers.com/
-----------
"Why don't you fall to bits?"
I DON'T KNOW. I NEVER HAVE.
"I've seen skelingtons of birds and things and they all fall to bits."
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE THEY ARE WHAT SOMETHING WAS, WHEREAS THIS IS WHAT I
AM.

- from a conversation between Death and a small child, in "Reaper Man" by
Terry Pratchett.
-----------
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gundam@1u.aeug.org [mailto:owner-gundam@1u.aeug.org]On Behalf Of
ROBOTICK
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2000 10:39 AM
To: gundam@aeug.org
Subject: [gundam] The Gundam Neanderthal

What series contains the simplest, most unevolved mobile suits? I was
thinking about how that would make a great series to go back to the days
when mobile suits were just being thought of and appearing. Think of the
newspapers. Why was the first mobile suit built? What kind of weapons did
it have? Who built it? Who cares?