Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 18:50:23 -0700

If you are budget-minded, get the HG God Gundam - the 1/100 scale one
costs only 1,500 yen, while the 1/100 scale Nu Gundam kit goes for
2,500 yen. However, although they are in the same scale, the finished
Nu stands much taller than the God Gundam.

The Nu Gundam kit also comes with all the nice accessories - beam saber,
shield, beam rifle, and a bazooka. Not to mention the fin funnels can
come apart after you take them off the back and each are articulated too.
The God Gundam comes with beam sabers and a backpack core fighter, and
that's pretty much it. Another plus of the Nu is that its cockpit hatch
opens to reveal the pilot inside.

If your friend is new to model building, the HG God Gundam might be a
better buy - it's less involved to put together (don't need to commit
that much time) and you won't feel too bad if something goes wrong
while putting it together.

Personally I would get the Nu, but if your friend is new to model
building or if you can't afford to spend that much, consider the 1/100
HG God Gundam (the 1/60 scale God Gundam is another story... it's got
a light-up chest gimmick) instead.

Eddie