Jim Dulhunty (s3159706@student.anu.edu.au)
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 09:20:11 -0800

>> Still not decided on that issue, and I don't have to deal with it yet,
>> since none of the 1YW MS have a positive MV (mag coated Gundam comes
>> closest with +0). However, Zeta and later it could be a problem.
>
>This is why I'm using the chart on the link I sent you... and it gives me
>the breadth of the entire series... I don't think Nu Gundam was faster
>than the Zeta, but maybe had neater toys... Obviously the control sys
>were better and what not, maybe Amuro could get more out of Nu G
>than Cammile did Zeta, seeing each was their personally designed MS
>superproject...

Only just had a chance to look at it. Interesting. I've got something
similar for Silhouette, but that project ground to a halt when a friend
borrowed the books just before she moved to Sydney without telling anyone...

[snip]

>Refresh my memory, I did adopt the Luck for kills rule, and extra dodge
>bonus for moving fast, but on Earth so far that hasn't some into play...

Which is about what I got out of it too. I'm not so sure about Newtypes
yet, but I think I'll use Ben Wright's rules. Not really an issue yet,
'cause nobody in my group has had the time or stimulus to manifest any
latent Newtypishness.

[snip]

>Actually I just build what it has, and make the weight what it should be
>of course I build it with enough everything to move its 'canon weight' &
>it all seems to work out ok... most of my designs came out 15-20 tons
>lighter than canon weight, which I just made up for in fuel, and BS...

I just tend to ignore fuel except as a special effect or a plot device.

>> Along the way I came up
>> with a few possibilities - Weight Inefficency that mirrors Weight
>> Efficiency, doubling the weight of every servo & system - but evetually
>
>Zakus become free, or about 10CP to build :)

Well, at -0.5cp for every ton you add, it comes out as (scurries to do the
maths) 54.4cp, or about 2/3 of the cost.

>> decided to use two different weights - canonical and game. Canonical
>> weight effects knockback and such, while game weight only effects
>> construction (ie. MV, MA, the cost of thrusters).
>
>Yep...
>
>> Unfortunately, this isn't reflected in the Zaku stats on my site.
>
>That's ok, I only have 3 mechsheets up right now... GM, Zaku II, and
>the RX-78-2 Gundam...

Well, they're all gussied up and ready. Might try and get them up this
morning.

>> Since the Zakus were originally done as a baseline for aan envisaged
>> F90/F91 era game, there are still a few bugs to be figured out. Hopefully
>> they'll come out over the next few weeks as we play test them.
>
>Yeah I'm 8 weeks into my playtesting, and going back Saturday into my
>game after a brief Hiatus, Neil who will also be running a Gundam game
>didn't want everyone to get Gundam burnout, but the gamemaster between
>sessions bowed out, and the only one of us who was ready was me as
>my game was just on pause anyway...

Thats how I ended up running this. GM who'se s'posed to be running a 5
Rings samurai romp with obligatory blood hose says 'no, two weeks is just
not enough time for me to prepare my art'. Tomorrow is the second session
and I'm still trying to come up with plot, or at least story.

>> "Mobile Suit Mekton" & Ben Wright's guide are the basis I'm using. I
>> definitly agree with the Hot Powerplants. Hadn't thought about snap shot
>> though.
>
>Well I don't like that someone 'might' always go first in Mekton even with
>Initiative rolls, so for someone who rolls low, or has low REF, there is the
>snapshot, we also use Cyberpunk's Ambush rules, but no one has tried it
>yet...

Since we've been gaming together for several years, most of us have gotten
pretty tricky; I expect a lot from my players, and would be disappionted if
they didn't try an ambush somewhere along the line. For things like that I
tend to be loose with the rules and use whatever fits the situation, while
also trying to maintain consistency Still, I'll mention snapshots &
ambush, just so they remember. Some of them are still recovering from
learning just how big a Mobnile Suit is.

>> Given the fragility of MSs, I do allow my players to buy of Kills
>> that go through Torso armour on a one for one basis. They still haven't
>> quite learned how fragile they are yet.
>
>I ended up doubling the SP of my shields by the end of the game... and we
>also allow you to move shots to another location using 1 point per point on
>the hit table...

I like that one. Mind if I borrow it?