Paul Fields (johnny_raiden@hotmail.com)
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 03:10:10 -0400

> The biggest difference is I kludge in Ben Wright's guidlines for doing
> Gundam in Mekton. Some MS stats are up on my page,
> http://www.geocities.com/gwyon_bach/mecha.html, but it really is in need
of

Hmmm... damges and stuff aren't too different, like you said Ben's rules
are the biggest difference, and I just don't use +MAs I think positive MA
should be reserved for Newtype systems and the like since then the pilot
can see the future, and take full advantage of a machine that responds as
fast or faster than the pilot normally would.

But if I just shift all your MAs over 2 or 3 points to the negative, then we
are almost exactly the same. Also I have not added the Maneuver Pool
ratings to my units, but should do so soon... since that makes ace pilots
better in a better machine, and does that better than a reflexes cap does.

Also the difference in MA might easily be explained by the Zakus only
weighing half their series weight on your page.. I tried to make the game
weight match the series weight so later lightweight supermechs could be
in the same game as old clunkers. Try my MV page out for an idea of
where I rate mechs from various series, and remember I never give +MA
so the Zeta Gundam at MV 0 is the fastest thing ever... same as a few
of the GP series, and the Alex, but Alex and Zeta were built for Newtypes
and will get +MA because of their newtype pilots ability.

http://www.wizard.net/~raiden/degree.htm

In total I've used these references to come up with my game:

Robyn Patterson's "Mobile Suit Mekton" (Mecha Press)
Kevin Ogles - Gundam Mekton (I played in his game, got his mechs)
Ben Wright's "Gundam Campaign Guide"
Hobby Japan's - Gundam RPG
ASCII Pub's - "Gundam Senki" for Mekton Zeta
Mekton II - Shots that go through all torso kills force a powerplant roll
Mekton Z - XS 5 for all Hot plants, all plants are hot.
      Characters are only 60 point, Gundam characters are realistic, not
heroic.
Modified - Plant Explosions do 2D6, and 1D6 kills depending on proximity.
Cyberpunk - Allow 'snap shots' to increase initiative score, but lose
accuracy.

Paul