ROBOTICK (jercar@aristotle.net)
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 16:47:06 -0500

Hey, ease off. I'm not bashing American animation or glorifying anime here.
I just wanted some opinions. You have to remember, I love America, and that
won't change even if I do love another country like Japan or South Africa or
Finland.
----- Original Message -----
From: "KurenaiJiku" <kurenaijiku@tech-base.com>
To: <gundam@aeug.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2000 4:10 PM
Subject: Re: [gundam] Consider this scenario

I would love it every bit as much as any animation or story lover would.
If you didn't liked it just because it wasn't Japanese made, then you're
condemning american-made substances and materials just because they aren't
Japanese made. You just like Anime because it's Japanese made. If you
liked anything just because it's good, then you're not some fanboy who
stereotypes and condemns everything else; you're actually thinking with
your brain. For me, I like anything that's "good", and even dislike many
types of Anime because it's poorly made, or can be made better. Before I
watched X Men, I thought the movie would be some cheesy thing. However
after watching it though...I was purely impressed and my thoughts was a
majority of positive impressions. There's nothing wrong with
"Americanized" personalities. Everybody is human, it's just how much
creators exaggerate or stereotype a character's personality which makes it
bad or good. Fiction is not fiction if they made a character's personality
entirely realistic. They have to do stupid and smart things
interchangeably in order for it to be entertaining.

>If some American animation company, let's say Pixar, bought rights to
Gundam