KurenaiJiku (kurenaijiku@tech-base.com)
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 16:20:56 -0700

For me as a BGC fan, I can't stand to look at the adaption of BGC..it's
simply horrid. I watched BGC in original JP dubbed format and I grew up on
BGC. When I watched the dubbed version, I practically screamed in terror.
When I watch BGCrash, I screamed...but not as much as I did when I saw the
dubbed version of BGC. When I saw 2040, my face scrunched up. However, I
did see the BGC in it and I am completely impressed by the new version of
BGC. It's fresh and new, but still maintains BGC.

As for my quick impression of BGC comic adaption and many other Anime
adaptions; sorry doods, Americans just don't get Anime. It's simply how
Americans and Asian people were brought up; different. How an Asian goes
about writing and expressing their ideas is completely different how
Americans do it. I am not denying Americans can write and impress good
stories/ideas, but how their society has conditioned their style of writing
is what gets to me. When they try to understand that Anime is about
characters with big eyes, poorly animated mouths, big guns, lots of
explosions, and witty stereotypical Anime quirks (ie. big Anime sweat
roll)...they've got it all wrong.

And it doesn't matter where the money is exactly coming from. You should
be most concerned who's behind the wheel, and how the product rolls out.
Everything inbetween, we can pretty much disregard till we see it; then we
can condemn and blame whoever screwed up the mess...or praise the people
responsible for masterpieces.