The iMatt (mhanyo1@umbc.edu)
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 19:31:24 -0400

hey guys, I haven't been around for a while, but a few questions came up and
I figured someone here might know the answers.

I'm trying to collect Gundam X, the whole series. I've got twelve episodes
on some CDs, and the next 16 on fansub, but I have a problem - the CD
episodes I have were recorded from rather low-quality fansubs, and the tapes
that I have are hard to watch with some pretty bad flickering and ghosting,
to the point where the most recent tape I have (episodes 25-28) I can't go
more than a minute without. some serious screen garbling. Better than
nothing, its true, but I'm sure there's higher-quality video out there.

Thus, my question. anyone know where I can get the [entire] series with
decent quality? truthfully I'll go for any format, DVDs, VCDs, VHS,
whatever, so long as it has subtitles (I've been taking japanese courses for
a year, but most anime is still beyond my comprehension) and can be used on
american players - although I think I can get the DVD drive in my PC to work
on different region discs.

I'd appreciate any help. (and before you ask, I've heard that a lot of
people didn't like the series, but 28 episodes into it I haven't found
anything horribly wrong with it.)

Matt "just a dude" Hanyok
http://deruberhanyok.freeservers.com/
"Why don't you fall to bits?"
I DON'T KNOW. I NEVER HAVE.
"I've seen skelingtons of birds and things and they all fall to bits."
PERHAPS IT IS BECAUSE THEY ARE WHAT SOMETHING WAS, WHEREAS THIS IS WHAT I
AM.

- from a conversation between Death and a small child, in "Reaper Man" by
Terry Pratchett.