Chris Beilby (cbeilby@hotmail.com)
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 04:06:53 GMT

> And looking at Amada's first taste of Earth mech combat-
>mean, vicious and nasty but at least you don't die with you're
>lungs on fire as you left to suck vacuum it seems like radar type
>systems are availiable and present on MSs in addition they work.
>Somebody want to explain that little diversion from accepted canon?

That one's pretty simple, actually, Mike. It's been demonstrated repeatedly
that Minovsky particles aren't effective in a significant gravity field.
While I don't know about the 1/6g field of the Moon, the 1g field of Earth
renders minovski scattering useless. Curiously, it doesn't affect
megaparticle fields (as used by the Minovsky Ship Propultion system.)