Michael Wong x4241 (Michael.Wong@nsc.com)
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 15:08:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hey Brett:

> Michael Wong x4241 wrote:
>
> > Nah, I doubt the American public will like anime style music too much. I
> > actually do like Yohko Kanno's work on Escaflowne but don't like most anime/
> > J-pop music. I'd bet that most American kids would switch to another channel
> > when they hear Japanese lyrics.
>
> Not true. There are several instances of Japanese lyrics in the songs "Just
> communication" & "Rythm Emotion" which appear in multiple episodes of Gundam W
> as broadcast on cartoon network. That show is just as popular with the kids
> (mabey more so) as the mangled shows.

Really? I stand corrected. I guess I am personally biased when it comes to
anime music because I dislike much of the J-pop/anime music genre. I've watched
a couple of episodes of Gundam W and find much of the dub job as abysmally poor
as most other American dubbed anime I've seen. I'll take subbed episodes over
dubbed ones anyday!

> ---Brett Jensen

Michael