Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 13:48:40 -0700

>I just read in rec.models.anime that it is the Wing Zero Custom from endless
>waltz. Do you think we will get real feathers? heheheheheh
>
>Dave

A PG Wing 0 Custom? Man, this is like the first time anime craze in the
U.S. has "revived" an old series in Japan with new products. It'd be funny
when the PG W0C sells more in the U.S. than in Japan. There's no existing
1/60 scale or MG kits for the Wing 0 Custom, though, unlike previous PG
releases.

On the other hand, a very bad news I heard from the Toycom reps at the
San Diego Comic Con regarding the Macross Plus transformer toys (it REALLY
sucks when they let you play with the "demo units" but can't sell you one) -
you probably know that they're already coming out in Japan. However, it
appears that Harmony Gold wants a piece of the action and the licensing
hasn't been ironed out. I thought they only had rights to the original TV
series outside of Japan, not the sequels and spinoffs. In the worst case
scenario, fans will have to re-import the U.S. toys that were exported to
Japan. If HG gets really evil they could go after importers and retailers
to scare them off carrying these toys.

Eddie

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0