Sedusa66@aol.com
Sun, 23 Jul 2000 23:34:13 EDT

In a message dated 7/23/00 8:20:24 PM Pacific Daylight Time, gundam@loop.com
writes:

> Where? I'm there!

It was at Beaman's in Fremont california. They had a MG zeta coated right
next to a regular one for only 5 bucks more. I didn't have the money at the
time tho (and the zeta MG is supposed to suck of course anyway) ... They had
quite a few other coating MG's but I didn't really check the prices - I
really wanted the zeta (this was about a year and a half ago and I hadn't
heard all the bad stuff about the kit yet) but, you know. I had enough to
get a leopard destroy 1/100 for 20 bucks.. I haven't been to beaman's in
almost a year, so I don't know what their prices are like now... But
compared to a lot of places around here, they have an excellent selection at
really good prices (This is where I saw all those old 1/60 kits too).... At
least they did, I dunno, and I might have come at sale times or something.
But I'm in san jose and getting to fremont is a bitch when you don't have a
car.

> Man, I can't even afford Japanese imported ramen. U.S. made ones are
> cheaper!

Japanese ramen is actually suprisingly cheap. I buy kitsune udon packets for
79 cents, the sapporo chow mein for 49 cents, and the korean Nong Shim Shin
Ramyun and Udon for 75 cents each. If you really want, I know quite a few
places that specialize in ordering imported ramen over the internet. Yes,
I'm a geek, but I only feel like a _real_ otaku when I'm eating a japanese
meal, drinking a japanese beer, watching anime, getting psyched to build a
model. Maybe I have a problem tho hehe.......