Echo|Fox (echofox@wingzero.net)
Sun, 23 Jul 2000 00:25:37 -0600

In a word? Horrible.
First off, its airing on Fox Kids. it's going to be edited to death.
Second, it sounds like they're removing Yoko Kanno's score. Apparently FOX wanted it gone, but Bandai said no. Good, right? All of the press releases i've been reading since are talking about an "upgraded score". Unless Kanno is doing a whole new OST, to quote Han Solo, "I've got a bad feeling about this..."
Did I mention that it would be edited to death? Remeber. This is FOX Kids, a network targetted at 6-12 year olds. This isn't even the cartoon network. It's going to be cut to pieces :( Why the hell FK picked up the rights is beyond me, Escaflowne should really be marketted to 14 to 99 year olds....
It's going to be so depressing to watch one of my favorites defiled :/ Can you honestly think that Dilandau, one of my favorite anime baddies, will make it through unscathed? Sigh.
Not to sound overly negative or anything, but all signs are pointing to this being a bad, bad thing.

---
Nicholas "Echo|Fox" Paufler

----- Original Message ----- From: -V- To: gundam@aeug.org Sent: Sunday, July 23, 2000 12:00 AM Subject: Re: [gundam] Will Gundam become the next fad?

I wonder how well Escaflowne would do...

-V-