Liam McGintny (rogan@videotron.ca)
Sat, 22 Jul 2000 21:52:10 -0400

I know he came off sounding abrupt and such.. that's why I'm a bit
concerned.. He routinely bends over backwards to do things for his
clientelle here, and that respect he shows in person is what motivates my
alternate view as a customer who shops in his store in person and is quite
happy with the service.

> I agree. As posted on the site, the emails from the auctioneer seemed to
be really childish, and to show a lack of business sense. I've always made
an effort to be resonably prompt when dealing with online auctions or deals
made with others I've dealt with on message boards or what not. I make it a
point that my image not be tarnished by being rude (if I can help it, I
usually don't mean anything rude in anything I write) or being lax in paying
what I owe, or sending what others want from me. And so far, I've had no
problems. Although generally, I deal with people that alot of others I know
deal with and I can cause problems for (or that can cause problems for me)
if things aren't done promptly. I can excuse a rude email once in awhile,
but from what I read (and I read everything on that link), this guy is truly
pathetic. He might be the best person in the world in person, but if he acts
like that over the mail, I won't do business with him.

> Also, at least IMHO, all he had to do was say that he was moving, and
would be delayed in shipping stuff if that was the problem. Of course, it
would seem like it would be a stupid time to be auctioning off anything
anyways, if you know you won't be able to ship it promptly.

> And from what I understand, charges can be pressed for fraudulent business
practices. But I could be mistaken.