Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Sat, 22 Jul 2000 17:50:20 -0700

Aaron writes,

>Um, UC doesn't always mean true Gundam, though. According to that article
>that was translated and posted here, not all Gundam shows AC or UC, are
>"true" Gundam.

  I still take issue with that article, though. The themes it identified
as constituting "legitimate" Gundam are all recurring _Tomino_ themes;
the article itself underscored that point by giving examples from
Tomino's other series. If "true" Gundam is defined as "Gundam that's
exactly like every other Tomino story," then of course Tomino is the only
person who can create "true" Gundam stories. I don't find that a
satisfactory explanation.

-- Mark