Rodrick Su (rsu@tigana.com)
Sat, 22 Jul 2000 06:40:17 -0700

What I want to know is how the EFG temporary becomes Earth Union Government
(the Titan influenced EFG), and then revert back to EFG when AEUG achieve
their goal of overthrowing Titans.

Also, there seemed to be a lot of major ticket appropriation in the show.
The up keep of the EFF and EFSF takes a lot of money. The reconstruction of
L1 colony (Frontier Side) takes a lot of money. The clean up of the effect
of both colony gassing and colony drop takes a lot of money. Now, I'm just
used to how US Congress works, and it takes continuous effort to pass all
these appropriation bills. The EFG Assembly probably have the final say on
the overall EFF budgets. But from Zeta and ZZ, it would appear that the
Assembly meets infrequently. Not the 9 months a years of US Congress, but
more like 4 or 5 times a year.

Speaking of appropriation. Could one of the major bones Spacenoid have
against EFG is the way taxes are levied? Inter-Side commerce could be
taxed. I know there had to be a property tax for the maintenance of the
colony (Witness Side 1 Bunch 1 Shangri-La in ZZ Gundam, now an industrial
wasteland of no tax bases). Earthnoid citizens are probably all exempt from
these colony specific taxes since they don't benefit from it.

[ Rodrick Su [ ]