Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 05:31:40 GMT

> Nah, it's not just that. We're citing Wing and Gundam X because they're
>_expanding_ on the themes of the UC Gundam saga. Gundam X, sucky as it
>may be overall, is saying something legitimately new about the newtype
>concept - which is more than any UC sequel ever did. And Gundam Wing
>develops the "why do people fight each other" theme beyond the
>straightforward "because mean people suck" assessment of previous Gundam
>shows. Both work as commentary on the UC saga,
as well as ripoffs of it.

As much as I hated to admit it also, the new gundam shows not only rehashed
and expanded, they also improved on the storytelling. sure, we old guys get
dizzy at the whole thing, but for the newr generation, I think they would find
that sort of editing and storytelling style more understandable thatn the old
ways of the UC stories. And, there's also a maturing oif sensibilities. and
a subsequent upping in violence level, which is very ironic.

> (I don't think G Gundam has as much to say about the themes of UC
>Gundam, but then again, it's borrowing a lot less from them as well.)
>-- Mark

actually, it expands on the family and love themes of gundam. BUT, i think
they overdid it...

flashlight.

www.localvibe.com
ofc: (632) 4167486 / fax: (632) 4167479
cel: 0917-4024780 / hse: (632) 7231308 (emergency use)
ICQ#: 12914919

I am NOT a starving writer.