ROBOTICK (jercar@aristotle.net)
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 00:00:05 -0500

I haven't had trouble with that (NERVES OF STEEL!), but it seems like you could use a small gauge wire with a pointed end. Or you could rub black clay into the cracks, then clean away the stuff outside. I just finished painting my Zaku II with a nice navy blue color scheme. I couldn't help it after seeing how cool that similar suit looked in blue (the one somebody posted a link for).
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Chris Maier
  To: gundam@aeug.org
  Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2000 8:56 PM
  Subject: [gundam] Those tricky "Upside-down mouths"

  I'm wondering, what is the best method for detailing the two mouth vents on Gundam 1/144 model kits? I can pretty much cover all the panel lines, but I'm kinda chicken when it comes to those things, because I'm afraid a mistake will make the Gundam or similar mech(Like Talgeese) end up looking like something horrible happened to it's face.....
  as for 1/100 it's not that much of a problem...but honestly, some of my 1/144s look a little blank with the "Face grill" detailed...my EZ8 especially. Looks like Keanu in the Matrix interrogation scene: "What is the use of a phone call if you're unable to speak?"