Chris Beilby (cbeilby@hotmail.com)
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 21:43:12 GMT

>Hello Everyone. Iam very new to this list. Iam excited to see there is so
>much indept talk in gundam and newtypes and all that nice stuff. ^_^. I
>have
>some questions of my own, hopefully that have;nt been asked already or are
>to stupid. ^_^;

I truly think that there is no such thing as a stupid question...

>The Gundam Movies, (1 2 and 3) Are they based on the teevee series of 0079?
>Or are they completely new stuff. I have the movies but have never seen the
>0079 series. Is it even avalible on video? Hn.

The movies are compiled from 0079, with new footage added (about 30% of 2
and 70% of 3). The original series isn't available on video in the US yet,
however, it was announced by Bandai and Anime Village that it will be
released in the US, possibly even broadcast on TV, sometime next year. ( no
further official details on this as of yet.)

>What other Gundam series, if there is any that have Char Aznable in them? I
>really like him and he's my favorite character so far from what I've
>watched
>(which is basically the 1st and 2nd Gundam Movies -- I have the third but I
>don't have time to watch it yet) Is Lalah Sun in the movies at all? She's
>on
>the niffy box that you get when you buy the boxset. But I have'nt seen her
>yet? Hn. I really want to see her. Maybe in the 3rd movie. Does she get
>alot
>of screen time.

Char appears again in Zeta Gundam (no official US release announced ) and
Char's Counterattack. As for Lalah Sun, she doesn't get that much screen
time, but it's vitally important to the story...

>Is there a place that has links to orignal gundam sites? On anipike the
>majority is Gundam Wing. Anyone know of any links? I build a Char Aznable
>shrine. It's at: http://www.geocities.com/charmiko
>It's very small and some the info on him may be off, because Iam still
>learning about him.

The best places to start, other than Anipike, include:

http://www,gundamproject.com
http://www.gundam.com
http://mechadomain.gundam.com
http://side7.gundam.com/gundam0085 (my site, for my Gundam based online RPG,
but it has a lot of info, and a number of good links)
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Shadowlands/1315/gundam_main.html (pretty
good, but it hasn't been updatd in a long time)
http://www.dyarstraights.com/msgundam/frontier.html (Daffyd Neil Dyar's
treatise on the colonies, and life in a colony)
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Towers/8937/char.html (A history and
biography of Char Aznable, the Red Comet)

I hope that this helps you out...

--
Christopher Beilby
Gundam_Wiz of Gundam MUSH