MS06ZAK@aol.com
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 17:41:55 EDT

I have been studying the parallels between Zechs and Char recently and I've found something rather humorous. As others have mentioned on the list the 5 Gundam Wing Pilots are different facets of Amuro to which I assumed they were meaning just the Original Series/Movie Trilogy. Well I noticed how Zechs has compressed the ENTIRE CAREER of Char into one series.

He starts off working for the group trying to opress the Spacenoids so that he can have revenge against the murderers of his family.(0079)

After achieving revenge, he grows into the role of an ally of the main protaganists, by protecting the Sanq Kingdom. (Zeta)

He eventually disappears mysteriously. (ZZ Gundam)

Finally he reappears and decides to drop stuff on the Earth which he now views as totally evil, by joining White Fang. At the end of the conflict, he is presumed dead. (Char's CounterAttack)

The funniest parts are the fact (unlike Char) he is an Earthling attacking the evil Eartlings, and he doesn't stay consistantly on the Spacenoid side like Char did.

Char/Quattro/Caspar may have switched allegiances to different factions, but he was always supporting the greater Spacenoid cause.

Zechs just jumps around from side to side with no real rhyme, reason, or consistency.

Don't get me wrong, I have started to actually like Wing even though I am a die-hard UC Fan. I just find this situation as hilariously ridiculous.

Jason