Emery Calame (palaeomerus@excite.com)
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 01:27:40 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 18 Jul 2000 13:53:09 -0600 (MDT), gundam@aeug.org wrote:

> Here's something that should prove interesting. What mass produced mobile
> suit was the most effective in its time? Obviously everything is going
> to be relative, since comparing the GM to the GunEZ isn't fair, so this
> isn't your typical "which Gundam is strongest" question. I guess we need
> to ask which MS did its job the best during the time it was in service.
> For example, we can say the Leo is one of the most highly ineffectual
MS's
> ever concieved, since its tactics seem to involve standing still and
> firing until it gets hit by random fire. By AC rules, no number of Leo's
> could ever bring down a Gundam.

Ummmm. Zech's took out the Wing Gundam(not Zero) in a Leo wouldn't you say?
Hiro was ready to commmit suicide over it as I recall...
Now Zech's used some odd tactics but still.... In the right hands a Leo is
not a laughing matter.

> If we take the Zaku II from MSG, we could say it was quite effective,
> against both GM's and given suitable numbers, could take out a Gundam.
> Furthermore, we can also talk about the ReGZ, which was technically mass
> produced, but I wouldn't consider it to be as effective as others (as
> compared to other suits in its time period, remember)

Yeah ReGZ is tricky. The Ms-007 mass production Zeta is another matter of
some considerable mystery.

> Only other rule I'll impose is that it must have actually gone into
> production, cannot be a prototype, and cannot be in the hands of a
newtype
> ... we're talking about your every day joe's MS here.

I'll vote for the Dom/Rick Dom/Dowadge. It lasted into ZZ and was very much
an easy to reconfigure suit with common parts and a lot of wallop. It
outlasted the Archduchy so it couldn't have been all that bad.

In terms of raw ability I'd have to say Gelgoog, Marasai, or Nemo or one of
the many GM variants. I dunno.

The Barzam was pretty nifty....

The Rig Shokew in V-gandam wasn't a push over either....

Emery
(palaeomerus@excite.com)