Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 05:17:07 GMT

>and to be fair.. the Leo is actually a great machine spec wise.. being
>forced to use out-moded tactics agasint machines tha twere a degree of
>magnitude or more above them in performance may have prevented this
>design from showing it's all but still.. it is one of the most versitile
>mobile suits ever.. not just in AC imo.. could be outfitted for space or
>gournd combat (and except for the Zaku high-mobility varient i think in
>the right hands a space Leo would be the better machine compared to
>Zakus and GMs) and it's weapons aere just as versitile if not moreso..
>beam rifles, beam cannons, dober guns, machine-rifles.. it could even be
>equipped with a special flight pack and actually fly.. something no
>mass-produced UC MS (to my knowledge) and very few mass-produced AC MS
>could do.. if you had some veteran GM and Zaku pilots form the OYW in
>those cockpits instead of the types AC had you'dprobalby be suprised at
>how well a leo could perform..
>--Les

Hmmm...good point there. but Zaku variants were mostly environmental upgrades,
rather than mobility upgrades, unless you take into account the Officer's Zakus,
and a few other designs. I mean, the Zaku was so well designed that it was
easy to modify one to almost any environment or required performance specs (within
reason and design capability).

In my mind, a truly modified Leo would be the personalized Maganac Leos. the
flight suits, space boosters and all that are just add-ons, not true modifications.
 The Leo, for me is more true to the F90 designs, in the sense of it being modular,
not like the older UC guys, who were custom modified for a particular job.

So is the Leo batter than a Zaku? that depends on if the Zaku was in its intended
environment. the Leo makes for a great weapon, but if it were stuck in the
desert against a Desert Zaku, I wouldn't give it much of a chance.

flashlight.

www.localvibe.com
ofc: (632) 4167486 / fax: (632) 4167479
cel: 0917-4024780 / hse: (632) 7231308 (emergency use)
ICQ#: 12914919

I am NOT a starving writer.