Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 13:24:28 -0700

>Thanks for last answers to my questions. I got some more questions for you
>guys,
>
>1) End of each 08th Team video, they had a short animation on behind story
>of OYW. One of them was about
> Zeon development of MS. If I'm correct, Federation knew that Zeon's
>were building MS from the beginning.
> What stopped them from building their own? and what was Zeon's cover
>up?

The Feds laughed it off as impractical and did not perceive it as a threat
because the publicity photos released by the Zeonic Company had the MS
doing menial work and presented them as a novelty instead of machine of
war. IIRC, their PR machine showed them off as potential "labors". You
will see that the photos looked goofy and portrayed them in a very non-
threatening manner.

>2) Idea of building a MS that's 20 meters tall seems little ridiculous.
>What drove Zeon to develop this huge weapon?

It was probably a matter of necessity and technological limitations -
my guess would be that they couldn't make it any smaller due to the size
of the generator and other vital parts without compromising the machine's
integrity and performance.

Eddie

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0