Blackeagle (cdupchurch@hotmail.com)
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 09:43:01 MST

>>1) Do you think it was realistic for Federation to come up with superial
>>mobile suit such as Gundam? I believe they had zero mobile suit in the
>>beginning of OYW. Which means it took less then a year for them to develop
>>and
>>create RX-78.
>>According to MS Era, Zeon's development of MS started as early as 0070UC.
>>How
>>was it possible for Federation to over come 10 year deficit.
>>

>The Gundam was never meant as a mass produced MS, but always as a prototype
>in the Japanese sense of the word (Powerful testbed unit for equipment to
>be
>included in later mass produced units.)

I've got a bit of a problem with your concept of "prototype in the Japanese
sense of the word." It seems to me that in real life Japanese technology
proceeds in an evolutionary manner, with each model a minor improvement on
what has gone before, rather than the stuff everyting we can possibly fit in
and make a great technological leap forward strategy of the Gundam.