Mon, 17 Jul 2000 18:12:44 CDT

Les writes,

> > >5. A Mobile Doll Virgo 3 vs. a Dom.
> >
> > Dom. No doubt. Much more maneuverable on the ground... slip right in
>and
> > SLICE!!! goes the heat saber.
> >
> beam cannons and planet defensers plus the superior reaction time of an
>AI? come on

Absolutely. Just how effective did those Virgos seem when they were
fighting on the ground? For the most part, they just all marched ahead in a
line, picking off targets that - for the most part - were just standing
still. It's one annoying thing about the ground combat scenes in Gundam
Wing... all those Leos and Tragos' and so on just STAND there! They think
that if they shower a target with enough bullets that it may (one year in
some distant millenium) go down, but do you ever actually see anyone trying
to EVADE when the Gundams shoot back? No, they just keep standing there
firing until they die a really STUPID death. Aside from their planet
defensers, I wasn't all that impressed with the Virgos myself. Give me a
squad of good, high-speed Doms zipping around under cover, sneak up on'em
and slice'em open like the tin cans they TRULY are!
BWAA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HAAA!!!

This is also why I think that, even WITHOUT the Newtype factor, a war
between the UC and AC universes would still result in the UC forces winning.
  Only in UC Gundam do we actually see somewhat-realistic combat tactics
being employed... simple stuff like EVADING. Take all those OZ and Alliance
pilots in their Leos and send'em up against Zeon and Fed pilots in Zakus and
GMs, and watch the Leos get hosed big-time. ^_^

-Burke "And-I-Am-NOT-A-Gundam-Wing-Hater" Rukes
god_of_gundams@hotmail.com

Carlin