Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 12:40:36 -0700

M. R. Hannibal asks,

> F91
>
> 1) The Fed forces fight like untrained amatuers. Where the bloody hell
>are all of the veterans of Char's Counterattack (and for that matter...AEUG
>and Titans)? Surely SOME of them must have become Fed admirals and generals,
>and passed on training standards. In 30 years, the Feds became THIS sloppy?

  Yeah, the Federation isn't exactly in top form at this point. Ironically,
Zabine Chareaux is - as per the F91 novels - a graduate of the Federation
military academy, who passed his knowledge on to the CV's other (highly
trained) pilots. Maybe he just paid a lot more attention than his
classmates...

> 2) How long did "Cosmo Babylonia" last, and how did it fall?

  Five years, as I recall, under the leadership of Berah Ronah. She
renounced her father's "nobility doctrine", but her egalitarian government
collapsed in civil war a few years later.

> 3) Could the Crossbone Vanguard really have invaded Earth...and won?

  No, their forces were too teensy. But if they'd introduced the Bugs on
Earth, well... it coulda gotten messy.

> 0080
>
> 1) How many Kampfers were made? Were there any present at Solomon and
>A >Bao A Qu?

  Couldn't say. The one we see in 0080 is the only one _known_ to exist.

> 2) Is it possible that Anaheim or the Titans salvaged the Alex?

  The Titans didn't exist for another four years. But it's possible that
Anaheim was involved in its creation - the old HG kit manuals claimed that
Anaheim developed the linear seat & panoramic display, and the GP03's
cockpit design is indentical to that of the Alex. In other words, Anaheim
may not have _needed_ to salvage the Alex. ;-)

> 3) What would have happened if Zeon had just said "Fuck it" and
>invaded Side 6 in force at the beginning of the war?

  They would have exterminated a potential ally, one which aided and
supported them for the next eleven months...

> 0083
>
> 1) How many Pegasus class vessels were in the Fed fleet at the end of
>the OYW? And in 0083?

  Five were built during the war; since the White Base was lost at A Bao A
Qu, no more than four would have been around at the end. Two more were built
between 0081 and 0083.

> 2) How many divisions of the Zeon army were left in Africa at the end
>of the OYW?

  Already discussed this one. There was one African division, the 5th Mobile
Terrestrial Division. Given Neuen Bitter's rank, I wouldn't be surprised if
he were actually its commander during the war.

> 3) Did anyone from the Axis Advance Fleet really want to go help Delaz
>kick Fed ass? What prevented them from doing so?

  The fact that then they _all_ would have died, including the Delaz Fleet
soldiers they were supposed to rescue. It was generous - and arguably
foolhardy - for the Federation to provide an escape route for Delaz's
soldiers, so that they could live to fight again another day.

> 4) This was asked before, but I still think about it: Would Kou have
>really tried to join the AEUG, or would he have gone Titan? Why or why not
>would either have accepted him?

  Pretty darned hypothetical. Speculate away. :-)

> CCA
>
> 1) When was Londo Bell formed, and were they mostly AEUG vets..or
>Titans? And did any of the New Decides gang join them?

  It's pretty much the old AEUG crew, who had been absorbed into the
Federation. Ironic that their job description is the same as that of the
Titans. ;-)

> 2) When Char exited the door, and all of those old Zeons saluted him,
>were those men old Zeon generals...or just men Char picked as lackeys? What
>happened to them?

  Who knows? Could be sponsors. :-)

> 3) What happened to the remainder of Char's forces at the end of the
>insurrection? And could any of them have later helped in the rise of the
>Ronah family in 30 years? And was Karozo Ronah old enough to fight with
>Char's forces during Char's Insurrection?

  Karosso would have been Hathaway's age... kinda young. It's hard to see,
on the other hand, why survivors of Char's forces would be interested in
helping the Ronahs (not to mention they'd all be 50-plus at that point). At
any rate, they'd have 30 years of downtime in which to develop other
interests.

-- Mark