Echo|Fox (echofox@wingzero.net)
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 13:32:05 -0600 (MDT)

On Mon, 17 Jul 2000, Nightingale wrote:

> --- Echo|Fox <echofox@wingzero.net> wrote:
>
> > Now, for a bit of 08th MS Team spoiler space..

> > Okay, the wallscroll in question has the Ez-8 in a
> > terribly thrashed state collapsed in a snowfield,
> > with Shiro walking away down on the right side.
> > Where's this pic from the series though, since I
> > can't think of any point it could have happened. The
>
> > only time he was in a snowy area, it was in his
> > RX-79G, and the damage wasn't anything like this.
> > Then when his Ez-8 gets toasted, it loses a whole
> > arm, and this picture clearly shows fragments of
> both
> > arms. So am I on crack and this actually happenned
> in
> > the series, or is this just a nice piece of
> artwork,
> > or is there some other explanation?
>
> Answer: this is just a nice piece of artwork. :)
>
> Since you haven't watched the entire 08 OVA, I think I
> shouldn't give away the plot here :) but I can tell
> you that Ez8 poster you saw was to promote 08's
> episode 11 (The Shaking Mountain [part 2]), which is
> also the 'final' episode for the OVA if you don't
> count the special epilogue "The Last Resort". All I
> can say is, Both Shiroh and his Ez8 fared somewhat
> differently in the finale than what was shown on the
> poster. Anyway, that's one of the best 08 poster I've
> seen. Don't you think?

Ahh, thanks for the answer, but I have seen all of 08th. Twice, in fact,
now I'm going through it a third time -=)

I just wanted to be sure that I was remembering things properly, because
I'd seen another bit of 08th artwork recently in an artbook, with the Ez8
missing an arm, and _that_ scene I did remember from episode 11.

And I concur, its one of the nicest bits of 08th art I've seen yet. Anyone
know who painted it? The artist wasn't immediately obvious to me, but then
again, Ohkawara and occasionaly Katoki are the only artists who's styles I
recognize.

Sigh. I really wish I could find that Nu Gundam painting I found on a
poster at Otafest in wallscroll form ... 25$ for a poster is too nuts,
even for art that gorgeous.

---
Nicholas "Echo|Fox" Paufler