Freedom045@aol.com
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 15:14:29 EDT

In a message dated Mon, 17 Jul 2000 5:02:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Soimichiro Watanabe <hitokiri_darkscythe@yahoo.com> writes:

<< How George Lucas would have done 0079 Mobile Suit
Gundam

Zabi: (turns around to see char behind him) i see you
have come.
Char: (holds out a gun) you killed my father.
Zabi: (looks at Char) I have a secret to tell you.
Char: ?!
Zabi: I did not kill your father.
Char: (obviously surprised) what?!
Zabi: Cassoval, I AM YOUR FATHER. now join me and the
emperor in the dark side and we will rule the
universe!!! gwa-hahahahahahaha!

~end>>

Maybe the George Lucas of the late 70's would have done it that way, but not the George Lucas of 1999-2000.
No, if George Lucas did Gundam it would go something like this...

aboard the White Base...

AMURO: Bright-o Kan-cho, General Revil was talking about Newtypes, what exactly are "Newtypes"?

BRIGHT: Newtypes are humans with special sensory powers. That happens because they are symbionts with these microscopic creatures called 'midichlorians', who help boost psychic potential.

AMURO: Midichlorians? I don't understand.

BRIGHT: Don't worry, young Amuro, you will.

Later, Amuro blasting Zeons in his Gundam

AMURO: YIPEE!!!

Char's screentime would be reduced to 15 minutes of some very cool fight scenes, while Kai Shiden would be replaced by a foolish alien sidekick who would always get in the way and be a constant and annoying distraction to the story.

..there's probably more, but I really don't want to think about it.

Tom