Roland Thigpen (jenius@unspacy.org)
17 Jul 2000 03:38:02 -0000

On Sun, 16 Jul 2000 23:27:16 -0700 Brian <GoDofChicKens@cfl.rr.com> wrote:
>I actually read most of the older X-Men comics when my brother was
>collecting them. (about 5 years ago), but he has since moved out and stopped
>collecting comics. I saw this movie, in fact just got back about 20 minutes
>ago, and must say that having read the comics I was very disappointed with
>the changes that were made. I did overall like the movie, there were some
>funny jokes thrown in, but would have liked more effort put in to please the
>older fans. I guess you can't win em all ^-^

I did, do and will continue to collect the X-Men comics for a while yet, and I loved the movie. The only complaint I may have with it is that Rogue was a little too young. But then again, she wasn't that much older when she first joined anyways.

Plus, I've seen so many alternate realities in the X titles, that I simply accept this as another one of these, if I try to explain it at all. The great thing about this is that you don't truly need to worry about that so much, IMO. I thought the story was good, and that the effects were great. At least they didn't make a true butchery of it like the Punisher movie or the old 70s comic tv series were.

Roland (who still gets shivers from seeing the old Spiderman, Wonder Woman and Captain America shows.....not to mention Adam West as Batman....UGH!)