Roland Thigpen (jenius@unspacy.org)
15 Jul 2000 18:24:44 -0000

>> What's a nanotech? How does it turn the tide of a battle?
>> what does it have to do with an i field?
>>

>Sort of like G Gundam's Devil Gundam Cell, which regenerates damaged parts
>automatically.

Nanotech is the science of small, molecule sized machines used in repair and healing which are currently being worked on. The theory is that these machines could enter the human body and produce internal repairs. Interesting stuff. Scary too in some ways. Hmmm, might not be too long before stuff like the Borg or the Cybermen become real possibilities.

Taking this further, nanites (as the nanotech machines are often refered to) could be used to repair battle damage ina machine like a Gundam, by canibalizing parts of other machines, making it last longer on the battlefield.

As for what it has to do with the I field, I don't know, not having seen G Gundam and what they did with them.

Roland