Brett Jensen (heero@earthlink.net)
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 10:22:26 -0700

Richard Holman wrote:

> Hate to jump on the old compromise bandwagon, pronounced Sha(r) spelled
> Char. Just like Chicago is actually pronounced Shicago, both sides get what
> they want, everyone is happy. =)

That's not a compromise, That IS how it's pronounced... Unless you Are Japanese,
in which case you might have difficulty putting an R at the end of a word.

We don't argue about whether the gal from BGC is named Priss or Purissu do we?

The whole Sha thing is just fred Schodt being too faithful to a Japanese way of
saying Char. Frankly I think several of Schodt's spellings were a bit bizarre.

---Brett Jensen