Thu, 13 Jul 2000 22:07:51 -0400

Mark Simmons wrote:

> >2-Where exactly do the Birmingham class ships fit into the continuity?
>
> It's similar in appearance to the Dogos Gear, the flagship of the
> Titans, though this latter ship is about 50% bigger, more heavily armed,
> and has mobile suit decks. The Birmingham, which lacks mobile suit
> carrying capacity, seems like kind of an anachronism in the postwar era...

However, I'd also note that the other Federation ships, Magellan and Salamis class
ships, while modernized dont have MS carrying capability at this time either. It
seems that sometime between 0083 and 0087 the Federation realized it needed
MS-carrying ships and all of the 0083-style upgraded Salamis class cruisers were
replaced by MS carrying ones. Either that or all the 0083-style ones are simply
"offscreen." :)

    Neil Baumgardner