Chris Maier (oom9@crosswinds.net)
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 10:16:10 -0400

Maybe he was turned off by the Pokemon-esque Dub :)
although Lisa Orvitz is cool, I can't help thinking about Brock whenever I
hear Gourry's dub voice.

----- Original Message -----
From: Roland Thigpen <jenius@unspacy.org>
To: <gundam@aeug.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2000 7:40 AM
Subject: Re: [gundam] Should CN play the OAVs after MSG(If they play it)

> On Wed, 12 Jul 2000 23:47:45 -0500 ROBOTICK <jercar@aristotle.net> wrote:
> >OT: Was Slayers one movie, or was it a series? I remember renting it at
> >Blockbuster and thinking it was pretty stupid.
>

> Ok. Now you have gone to far. No one calls Lina Inverse infamous bandit
slayer stupid. She will kill you for it. It's like calling her bust small or
saying she eats too much.

> Seriously though, it is a hilarious comedy. And it is an anime based on a
series of novels (some of which a 1000 copies a month from one store, which
is very impressive in Japan were novels are said not to sell well) which
were based on a series of short stories over in Japan. There are about 4
movies, a couple of OVA series (Original Video Animation, ie, anime straight
to video), and 3 tv series which take place chronologically after the movies
and OAVs. So, it seems very popular.

> One thing to remember of Slayers is to remember it is a comedy for general
audiences, even over here in America. It is not really meant to be as
serious as Gundam (although it can get pretty serious towards nead the end
of the each series), or even Wing. It is just a comedy set in a swords and
sorcery setting.

> If you don't like a story about a 16 year old sorceror who can toss around
explosions as powerful as small nukes, and who can't use her magic during
that time of the month, then I feel sorry for you.