Blackeagle (cdupchurch@hotmail.com)
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 02:22:51 MST

SNIP

>Now, for:
>ObGundam:
>With all the talk of the original MSG airing on Cartoon network. .. no one
>has asked the big question ... how are they going to pronounce Char? It's
>going to be tough to convince american kids that its 'Sha' and not Char (as
>in broiled).

It seems like that would be pretty easy. After all, under what
circumstances would your average CN watcher see his name spelled before
hearing it pronounced? So, as long as the VA's pronounce it accurately
(which is not a foregone conclusion) everyone will be wondering why it's
spelled Char instead of Sha (yes this does dig open an old wound :-)