Wed, 12 Jul 2000 21:01:05 -0700 (PDT)

--- ROBOTICK <jercar@aristotle.net> wrote:
> I couldn't find "Nataku" in my encyclopedia. It
> must not be very well
> known. Could someone familiar with Chinese
> mythology or someone who has the
> resources necessary please explain this?

I know why you can't find it, Nataku ain't Chinese.
Its jap for "serpent" or something, more or less
exactly...

~spoiler!!!~

Nataku in the AC Universe referred to the Female
mythological champion of the Long Clan. The Long Clan
was about to be exterminated by the Federation by the
use of biological weapons.

Trieze didn't like such dishonorable methods and
decided that he would destroy the colony's inhabitants
the "old fashioned" way. A battle between Treize's
forces, Wufei (in an unfinished Shenglong) and Meirang
(Wufei's wife, who rode the Tallgeese in that battle),
unsued. The biochem weapons were destroyed and the Fed
forces were driven away. Sally Po reported a succesful
mission to cover up for the colony. Meirang however
was mortally wounded in battle and died in Wufei's
arms. Meirang thought herself to be the embodiment of
Nataku, and in Meirang's honor, Wufei nicknamed
Shenglong as Nataku.

Sorry if I bored you guys. Anyway, i any are curius
about the other Wing pilot's pasts, ask me. Or check
some Wing fans sites on anipike. Or better yet, get a
copy of the Episode zero cds. (That is a very cool
piece of memorabilia)