Tabby (tabby@psn.net)
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 09:37:15 -0700

At 09:56 AM 7/12/2000 MST, you wrote:
>>As much as I dearly love the 8th MS Gouf Custom, it's just that, a Custom
>>unit not a Retcon. My vote would have to be for the 0083 Dom Tropen, with
>>it's much more functional "Katoki" style design. Whether the Xammel was
>>based on the new Tropen, or the other way around, the Tropen's squared-off
>>armor and obvious jet intakes in the feet really revitalized the design.
>>It's a shame it never got beyond garage kit status.
>
>I don't see what your thinking here. How is it that a previously unseen
>variant of the Dom counts as a retcon while a previously unseen variant of
>the Gouf doesn't?

Because, unlike the 8th MS Gouf which is often labeled as a Custom (Kai),
Katoki's 0083 Dom Tropen has always been listed as just the Dom Tropen, not
the Tropen II, or the Tropen Kai, or any other designation that would imply
that it was custom design. It's always been presented as just a
straight-out Katoki retcon.

tby