Roland Thigpen (jenius@unspacy.org)
12 Jul 2000 12:21:01 -0000

>Yeah, I thought the 0080 retcon of the Hygog was badass... It was actually
>that mech design that got me excited at the beginning of 0080 (Despite
>everybody's apparent liking of 0080, I thought it sucked. I mean, I like
>character driven stories a lot... But... I didn't like the characters in
>0080. I thought Al was a weak main character [didn't like him at _all_] and
>Bernie wasn't anything special either. Chris was the only character I liked
>in the series. But then, I _did_ like the characters in Evangelion, so I'm
>probably at odds with a lot of folks... Hehe and I identified with Shinji
>in a lot of cases... Yeah I know... Maybe it's just because I have issues
>:)

I have to agree with you on all counts here, including not liking Al or Bernie, but liking Chris and identifying with Eva characters (let's see, I usually as quite and reserved as Rei when around people I don't know, and can get as bitchy as Asuka when I'm tired or have a migraine. There are also some other characters I can identify with in there, but let's not bring up all my problems here).