Blackeagle (cdupchurch@hotmail.com)
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 22:26:20 MST

A month or so ago I posted my reviews of CCA and Gundam X. To put it
mildly, some people on the list strongly dissagreed with these opinions. As
a part of the ensuing debate I though quite a bit about why I like or
dislike the various gundam series. It prompted me to take a more detiled
look at my feelings about the different gundam shows.

I never got around to posting this to the list, but I was a bit bored
tonight and came across it on my hard drive.

BTW: I'd be interested in seeing how other people rate the various Gundam
series. Feel free to use my system, but remember it only considers the
elements I feel are important to a Gundam story. Other's priorities may
differ.

Gundam Ratings
Categories
Plot - The overall story, includes the story concept and the execution of
that concept.
Characters - Covers the look of the character's, their personalities and the
story's characterization.
Animation - This encompases both a show's visual style as well as the amount
of panning shots and recycled footage.
MS Designs - The quality of the show's mobile suit designs.
Feel - The catch all category for my general feelings about the show.
Average - Add up all the categories and divide by 5.

5 - Best
1 - Worst

Series Name Plot Characters Animation MS Designs Feel Average
0080 5 5 5 5 5 5.0
08th MS Team 4 5 4 4 5 4.4
Gundam Zeta* 5 4 3 5 4 4.2
Gundam X** 4 5 4 4 4 4.2
CCA 4 3 4 4 3 3.6
MSG Trilogy 4 3 2 4 4 3.4
0083 4 2 4 4 3 3.4
W 3 2 4 3 3 3.0
F91 3 2 4 4 2 3.0

*Based on episodes 1-20.
**Based on episodes 1-20.

I didn't rate G Gundam because, A: I've only seen 4 episodes and B: from
those four episodes, it seems to defy this sort of rational anaylsis :-)