ROBOTICK (jercar@aristotle.net)
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 23:53:26 -0500

Really, how did Heero survive the blast that destroyed even Gundanium?!
That isn't just tough cookies. That would kill an elephant in an armored
truck! Training does not give one skin of Gundanium.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Soimichiro Watanabe" <hitokiri_darkscythe@yahoo.com>
To: <gundam@aeug.org>
Sent: Monday, July 10, 2000 11:43 PM
Subject: Re: [gundam] Controls/Newtype abilities

--- Roland Thigpen <jenius@unspacy.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Jul 2000 20:06:52 -0500 ROBOTICK
> <jercar@aristotle.net> wrote:
> >Wing has nothing to do with newtypes? Then that
> raises other questionable points. How do Heero,
> Dorothy, Trowa, and Wu Fei obtain their superhuman
> abilities? Nirvana? I don't think it's necessary
> to give examples.
>

> What superhuman abilities as far as Dorothy, Trowa
> and Wufei go? They have none. Wufei was trained as a
> warrior from birth thanks to being born in a warrior
> clan.

Wufei belonged to the Long clan. As one can see from
Episode Zero, the Shenglong Gundam is designed for
melee combat of near-G-Gundam proportions (hey, a
martial artist made the mech, Master O).

> Trowa is an accomplished acrobat, but that is
> not superhuman.

Not to forget that since childhood, he's been part of
wars and has been fighting as an unnamed soldier.

>And Dorothy? She is just a normal
> girl...a bit too taken with war, but that is nothing
> special either.

The system she used to control the Virgos was a
specialized Zero system taken from the Epyon. She is
however a very skilled tactitian.

> Heero is the only one that seems super human, but
> that is mostly due to special training. After all,
> he has been trained from early childhood apparently
> to be a killing machine, caring little for his life
> or those of the ones who get in the way of him and
> his target. He may seem superhuman, but most of the
> things he does are humanly possible, if one is
> trained properly.

Still, we all have to admit that that kid is one tough
cookie (how on earth does one survive a self destruct
blast? -considering that when AC gundams
self-destruct, they obliterate all nearby mechs...).

And just what is wrong with that guy? doesn't he know
that "omae wa korosu" is NOT a good pick up line?
-then again, it DID work for Relena... ^_^