Mon, 10 Jul 2000 21:43:21 -0700 (PDT)

--- Roland Thigpen <jenius@unspacy.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Jul 2000 20:06:52 -0500 ROBOTICK
> <jercar@aristotle.net> wrote:
> >Wing has nothing to do with newtypes? Then that
> raises other questionable points. How do Heero,
> Dorothy, Trowa, and Wu Fei obtain their superhuman
> abilities? Nirvana? I don't think it's necessary
> to give examples.
>

> What superhuman abilities as far as Dorothy, Trowa
> and Wufei go? They have none. Wufei was trained as a
> warrior from birth thanks to being born in a warrior
> clan.

Wufei belonged to the Long clan. As one can see from
Episode Zero, the Shenglong Gundam is designed for
melee combat of near-G-Gundam proportions (hey, a
martial artist made the mech, Master O).

> Trowa is an accomplished acrobat, but that is
> not superhuman.

Not to forget that since childhood, he's been part of
wars and has been fighting as an unnamed soldier.

>And Dorothy? She is just a normal
> girl...a bit too taken with war, but that is nothing
> special either.

The system she used to control the Virgos was a
specialized Zero system taken from the Epyon. She is
however a very skilled tactitian.

> Heero is the only one that seems super human, but
> that is mostly due to special training. After all,
> he has been trained from early childhood apparently
> to be a killing machine, caring little for his life
> or those of the ones who get in the way of him and
> his target. He may seem superhuman, but most of the
> things he does are humanly possible, if one is
> trained properly.

Still, we all have to admit that that kid is one tough
cookie (how on earth does one survive a self destruct
blast? -considering that when AC gundams
self-destruct, they obliterate all nearby mechs...).

And just what is wrong with that guy? doesn't he know
that "omae wa korosu" is NOT a good pick up line?
-then again, it DID work for Relena... ^_^