ROBOTICK (jercar@aristotle.net)
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 22:49:33 -0500

I always hate when they tie stuff together like that. It's like when the
X-Men invite Superman to the mansion for tea.
----- Original Message -----
From: <BlazeEagle@aol.com>
To: <gundam@aeug.org>
Sent: Monday, July 10, 2000 10:30 PM
Subject: Re: [gundam] Controls/Newtype abilities and Turn A Questions

In a message dated 7/10/00 11:03:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jercar@aristotle.net writes:

<< So, explain the difference between Universal Century and After Colony
 stories. Are they in alternate universes or different in every aspect
 except for the discovery of Gundanium and the using it for building Mobile
 Suits? >>

UC is the "real/original" Gundam shows. All Gundam anime set in UC are
related. As the 3 movies take place in UC 0079, 0080 takes place in year UC
0080, etc.

AC is alternate Gundam stories that may have similarities to UC, but are not
part of UC. AC is truly alternate and as far as I know, is not like a
parallarl universe type of idea. I think it was for other's to have their
own
take on the Gundam theme. See what I am trying to say?

Turn A Gundam was supposed to bring all Gundam shows together, including AC,
but according to what I hear from people who have wathced Turn A is, Yes
some
UC mecha are in their, but I get the impression it doesn't really TIE much
together.

Some say its not, but since UC Mobile Suits are dug up in Turn A, the UC
calander maybe be gone, but if digging up UC MS are any proof, Turn A seems
to take place after some major natural disater or war, that was so big, it
caused the UC calander to be forgotten and techology to regress to the
extent
it is in Turn A, at least on Earth.

To anyone that can answer them, I have some questions:

1. What happend to Earth's technolgy from the UC period?

2. What caused MS to be buried? No more war? If its no more war, wouldn't it
make more sense to just disassemble the MS and use their parts for peace
time
machines that need them, instead of burying them to rot? There's an awful
lot
of useful parts/extra parts an MS can be used for and it seems a waste of
resources to just bury them.

3. Where are the space colonies?

Aaron