ROBOTICK (jercar@aristotle.net)
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 22:22:16 -0500

That's good news! Now, I'm off to begin training my eyes to see through
helmets, my legs not to break and to carry me hundreds of feet through the
air, my mind to control several complex mobile dolls, my muscles to develop
naturally in zero gravity, and my fingers to stop typing this.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Roland Thigpen" <jenius@unspacy.org>
To: <gundam@aeug.org>
Sent: Monday, July 10, 2000 9:57 PM
Subject: Re: [gundam] Controls/Newtype abilities

On Mon, 10 Jul 2000 20:06:52 -0500 ROBOTICK <jercar@aristotle.net> wrote:
>Wing has nothing to do with newtypes? Then that raises other questionable
points. How do Heero, Dorothy, Trowa, and Wu Fei obtain their superhuman
abilities? Nirvana? I don't think it's necessary to give examples.

What superhuman abilities as far as Dorothy, Trowa and Wufei go? They have
none. Wufei was trained as a warrior from birth thanks to being born in a
warrior clan. Trowa is an accomplished acrobat, but that is not superhuman.
And Dorothy? She is just a normal girl...a bit too taken with war, but that
is nothing special either.

Heero is the only one that seems super human, but that is mostly due to
special training. After all, he has been trained from early childhood
apparently to be a killing machine, caring little for his life or those of
the ones who get in the way of him and his target. He may seem superhuman,
but most of the things he does are humanly possible, if one is trained
properly.

The only Gundam series that deal with newtypes are the UC ones and Gundam X.

Roland