ROBOTICK (jercar@aristotle.net)
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 18:51:44 -0500

Have you tried going over the sanded areas with auto chrome touch up paint?
Seems like it'd work if I get what you're saying. By metallic, do you mean
plastic chrome-coated parts?
----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Wong x4241" <Michael.Wong@nsc.com>
To: <gundam@aeug.org>
Sent: Monday, July 10, 2000 5:44 PM
Subject: [gundam] Metallic model kits

Dear List:

I was cleaning up my room yesterday and found one of those special limited
edition Gundam DeathScythe model kit in chrome metallic colors. I've
foolishly
bought this HG kit from Hong Kong for about $25 U.S. because it's supposed
be a "collector's" item. I ended up being extremely disappointed by this
kit:-

First of all, when I place it next to my other MG kits, the Death Scythe is
visibly shorter even if it's also supposed to be 1:100. Is this true for
all
Wing kits? The 1:100 Wing kits are all shorter than the 1:100 MG kits?

Second, the Scythe blade is Metallic Green on one side while Silver on the
other!! What kind of stupid color scheme is that? Painting is out of
question
because painting over model defeats the purpose of having the metallic kit.

Lastly, it's impossible to smooth the parts with sandpaper, making the parts
that are cut from the "tree" stick out like a sore thumb.

Because of this, I never bought another HG kit or metallic kit. Do any of
you
out there have any positive experience with metallic kits? I'd love to know
of
any suggestions/opinions especially regarding my last point because I've
been
itching to buy some metallic MG kits since I'm about to finish building all
my
unbuilt kits, so it's time to buy more... I really dislike crystal kits and
have most of the other normal MG kits. 8)

Michael