Edward Ju (gundam@loop.com)
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 01:37:21 -0700

>This may be grist for the mill in the Gundam FAQ.
>
>There have been a number of Gundam toy series that are essentially
>pre-assembled
>1:144 scale models with, in some cases, some metal parts or weights added for
>strength and stability.
>
>The first was the High Complete Model (HCM) series, which actually covered a
>number of Sunrise giant robot shows, not just Gundam.

What about Macross? IIRC they made both TV series and movie versions of
the Valkyries. The TV series sure wasn't made or distributed by Sunrise.

>Many of the early Gundam
>entries in the HCM series were not even from the show, but rather from the
>Mobile Suit Variation (MSV) collection, which included things like Johnny
>Ridden's High Mobility Zaku II and the Gelgoog Cannon. The Z Gundam came out
>and we got mainstream MS like the Z Gundam, Hyaku Shiki, Hizack, and Rick
>Dias.
>The last Gundam entry was HCM #25, the Nu Gundam from CCA. Browse:
>
>http://www.gundamproject.com/goods/toys_5.html
>
>The second was the Mobile Suit in Pocket (MSiP) series, which was based
>entirely
>on the V Gundam show, although an F91 was also included. There are 14 MSiP in
>all.
>
>The third was a series of a dozen 1:220 scale models called Micro Gundam.
>Only
>the first four toys are Gundams: an RX-78 Gundam, a V Gundam, an armored
>Gundam
>and a V Gundam Cannon, the latter two in the Zaku green-grey-and-yellow color
>scheme. The remaining eight are all Zaku II variations, many with custom
>color
>schemes, such as Shin Matsunaga (White Wolf) and Black Trinary personal colors
>and desert brown-and-tan.
>
>(Note to Mark: these belong in the One Year War toy list, ne?)
>
>Just prior to the Mobile Suit In Action (MSIA) series, there was a series of
>soft vinyl Gundam 0083 action figures from Yutaka, which was subsumed by
>UniFive.
>
>And then there's the Kado Senshi Chogokin Gundam series, the ne plus ultra of
>Gundam toys.

Since you went off the 1/144 scale limit, might as well include the 1/100
scale toys of the Gundam Mk-II, transformable Zeta, and transfomable ZZ,
plus their real cloth musha Gundam counterparts. There's also the 1/72 and
1/48 toys from V Gundam, and the 1/100 and 1/60 toys from G Gundam...

Eddie

&since=-1&page=1&rows=0