Sun, 09 Jul 2000 23:10:51 CDT

>Put it up please! Soryy, it may be non-canon, and it may be unofficial, but
>so is Zypher Phantom, and O Gundam. I really like the few items I have seen
>of Kondo's work, and I have wanted to see more, but the stuff is hard to
>find.

Yeah, but at least in Outer Gundam, the Gundam actually looked the same from
one panel to the next. Don't get my wrong, Kondo's a great artist, but he
just takes WAY too much liberty with all those "little" details he crams
into every manga or illustration. Just take a look at the covers for the
Viz Gundam 0079 comics. On every cover featuring the Gundam, the "little
details" (like panel lines, all those damned red "warning labels" he likes
to put all over everything, etc.) never look the same from one illustration
to the next. Even Kondo's original designs are _SO_ inconsistent... there
must be AT LEAST 3 or 4 different versions of his own "G-3" design that he's
done himself! I'll also tell you that I seriously sat down and tried to
figure out how to break down Kondo's stuff expressly for posting on Mecha
Domain... and got so much of a headache that I gave up on it altogether. I
_MIGHT_ put up Kondo material someday, but I'm gonna need a LOT of time on
my hands to figure it all out.

-Burke "Burkenator" Rukes
god_of_gundams@hotmail.com

Carlin