-Z- (z@gundam.com)
Sun, 9 Jul 2000 16:31:38 -0700

This may be grist for the mill in the Gundam FAQ.

There have been a number of Gundam toy series that are essentially pre-assembled
1:144 scale models with, in some cases, some metal parts or weights added for
strength and stability.

The first was the High Complete Model (HCM) series, which actually covered a
number of Sunrise giant robot shows, not just Gundam. Many of the early Gundam
entries in the HCM series were not even from the show, but rather from the
Mobile Suit Variation (MSV) collection, which included things like Johnny
Ridden's High Mobility Zaku II and the Gelgoog Cannon. The Z Gundam came out
and we got mainstream MS like the Z Gundam, Hyaku Shiki, Hizack, and Rick Dias.
The last Gundam entry was HCM #25, the Nu Gundam from CCA. Browse:

http://www.gundamproject.com/goods/toys_5.html

The second was the Mobile Suit in Pocket (MSiP) series, which was based entirely
on the V Gundam show, although an F91 was also included. There are 14 MSiP in
all.

The third was a series of a dozen 1:220 scale models called Micro Gundam. Only
the first four toys are Gundams: an RX-78 Gundam, a V Gundam, an armored Gundam
and a V Gundam Cannon, the latter two in the Zaku green-grey-and-yellow color
scheme. The remaining eight are all Zaku II variations, many with custom color
schemes, such as Shin Matsunaga (White Wolf) and Black Trinary personal colors
and desert brown-and-tan.

(Note to Mark: these belong in the One Year War toy list, ne?)

Just prior to the Mobile Suit In Action (MSIA) series, there was a series of
soft vinyl Gundam 0083 action figures from Yutaka, which was subsumed by
UniFive.

And then there's the Kado Senshi Chogokin Gundam series, the ne plus ultra of
Gundam toys.