-Z- (z@gundam.com)
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 19:46:18 -0700

It's both. Helium-3 and Deuterium are fused into Helium, with a proton left
over:

2He3 + 1H2 -> 2He4 + p (energy released: 18.35 MeV)

The extra proton can be contained in a negatively-charged electromagnetic
bottle, which would not be true of the neutrons produced by more mundane
Hydrogen-Deuterium fusion.

For the details -- and some nice FLash Player animated tutorials -- browse:

http://www.gundamproject.com/world/minovsky.html#fusion

-Z-