Chris Maier (oom9@crosswinds.net)
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 21:30:54 -0400

I checked the end credits and apparentally Peter Chung was involved. Apparentally, the guy's a good friend of Rintaro(The guy who directed the Galaxy Express Movies and X)and is the creator of Aeon Flux and the new anime Alexander, which the guys in www.staytooned.com went nuts about :)
let's not get this too off-topic though.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Echo|Fox
  To: gundam@aeug.org
  Sent: Friday, July 07, 2000 9:24 PM
  Subject: Re: [gundam] slightly OT-Transformers

  Aside from the fact that 99% of the first two years of the toyline were lifted from various Japanese toy lines (Microman, Macross, diaclone, etc), the original series was created in the US and didn't have any ties to Japan. I'm reasonably sure a lot of the actual animating was done in Asia though, possibly Korea? I seem to remember reading about various episodes throughout the seasons where you could see noticable differences in the quality of animation (call of the primitives, anyone?). It basically reflected animation standards of the time. Later Transformers series (Headmasters, Victory, and Masterforce) were Japanese exclusive and were animated and only shown in Japan. They mostly maintained the same animation style, although with more and more stylistic freedom as time went on.
  ---
  Nicholas "Echo|Fox" Paufler
  is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We