Chris Maier (oom9@crosswinds.net)
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 20:38:39 -0400

I'm wondering, since some of you are Transformers fans, could you answer this question?

Recently, I saw Episode 5 of the Transformers, and it seemed so animeish it was scary...first, the animation quality reminded me a lot of Macross(Robotech Part I), and also, the human characters looked like they could be stand ins for early 80s anime. My question is, were the Japanese involved in any way in the animating of the early Transformers episodes? It just seemed very animeish to me.
 Also, one of those Jet transformers bears a striking resemblance to airmaster :)