Fri, 7 Jul 2000 08:42:49 -0700 (PDT)

(Core asked me to post the following to GML in reply
to -Z-'s post on Augusta base)

-- Core's post: --

Hiya folks!

Still pretty busy, but thanks to Nightingale for
alerting me to a few good posts.

Dayfydd buddy, have you forgotten your old pal and my
little Gundam Games page already? You oughtta drop me
a line when you find a new RPG book :) God knows I am
not a gamer, I am almost completely dependent on
outside help with the Gundam Games page.

BUT, I've just got myself an early-80s hex-based
boardgame Fortress. So once I got out of the swamp of
work I am in now, I will try to figure it out and
share some info. (anyone could help with translation?
I can send some scans or photocopies. How about -V-?
wink wink) Some initial info:

1. 7 pages of rules, 6 pages of game setups (7
different games were suggested, including an all-ships
battle, another battle is a Zeon's attempt at retaking
A Boa Qu from the Feds). There are 4 game boards
(13x31) which can be arranged as
  1234 or 23
              14 <- 1,4 are upside-down

2. All the combat units seen in the A Boa Qu episodes
from the TV are included. (G-Fighter, but no Core
Figher/Booster) Also there are extra units to do the
same scene from the novels: G3, Char's Rick Dom, White
Base Jr (???), multiple Elmeths (perhaps one for Kusko
Al?).

3. Each unit has one of the 4 possible types of
weapons: Beam cannon/rifle, Normal (shell) cannons,
Missiles, and BD beam interferrence missiles. The
last type was only available on Public class, as seen
in
episode 42 and 43. Not sure about the importance of
each weapon, I assume BD (Beam interference) affects
beam weapons.

4. Zeon (or Feds!!!) has stationary beam, shell and
missile turrets mounted on A Boa Qu itself.

5. There are range shooting attacks as well as
hand-to-hand combats

6. There are 6 stats for each units: movement points,
defence, anti-ship offence, anti-MS offence, weapon
type (B, N, M, BD), pilot type (Regular, Newtype,
Elite, Student). All the stats are printed on each
cardboard piece (about 1cm square).

7. Obviously S are at a disadvantage, and E, NT are
better, but I haven't figured out how to modify the
stats based on pilot types.

8. the pieces for Public, Musai, Gattle and Zanzibar
can be flipped upside-down to show different stats. I
think, e.g., after Public fires its big missiles or BD
weapon, it becomes a faster fighter with less
firepower.

9. Combats (dice roll) results in destruction (E),
deranged? (D) (kanji: big chaos state), confused? (C)
(kanji: chaos state) and no damage (-). It seems there
is a rule for recovering from the chaos state, which
looks similar to the panic rules in Warhammer games.

Name: Core
Patient ID: #1
Condition: Critical